Bluetooth Mayhem

Sunday, June 13, 2010

This story is brought to you by way of my dear mother.  Just last week she was driving her brand new Hyundai Tucson in the parking lot of her local supermarket.  Her new car has many bells and whistles that she is not used to yet.  To give you a sense of my mother's technological know-how, let me give you some background information.  My mom still does not have a cell phone that she uses on a regular basis.  The phone she does have has a set amount of minutes on it and is never turned on.  When she does need to make a call, she yells into it as if it is a walkie-talkie with limited capabilities and she will only be on it for a maximum of three minutes.  So, you better be ready to listen to what she has to say because, before you know it, the conversation is over and you've said goodbye.  My mom's knowledge of technology is crucial to this story.  So, she was in the parking lot and she got cut off by another female driver who was, of all things, talking on her cell phone.  (That is something you don't want to do to my mom.  Trust me.)  Well, she got so flustered that she hit some buttons on the steering wheel/dashboard.  She began yelling some explicit obscenities at the driver and then all of a sudden heard:  "Pardon me?" come out of some speakers in her car.  Apparently, my mom's bluetooth capabilities in her car were switched on and somehow, she intercepted the phone call of the woman who had cut her off.  I loved this story for several reasons:  1)  I can just see this happening to my mom.  2)  It cracks me up when my mom curses.  3)  We've all wanted to tell jerk drivers what we really think in an anonymous way at some point in our lives.  I think my mom has really stumbled onto something great here.  Now if only I could help her learn how to check her email....

0 comments: