Sneaking In For Free Food

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So, if you were wondering about my trip to Hot-lanta, I'll fill you in.  It was a business trip for my hubby and I tagged along.  In order to spend extra time with my husband, get free food, and have more fun, I had to pretend to be a part of the client base.  After a quick trip to Kinko's and finding a spare lanyard, I officially became someone else, worked for a made-up company, and scored access to all events.  The hardest part:  hanging out with my husband and pretending to not be his wife.  I called him "hon" at least ten times, tried to hold his hand on several occasions, and talked with him about his family as if I knew them (which I do.)  The best part:  being an actress for a few nights and really playing it up.  When my husband called my name, I had to be very professional and reply:  "Yes?  Oh, hello there.  Good to see you again."  When the topic of weddings came up, my hubby turned to me and said, "Well, you planned your wedding in only 6 months, didn't you?  How did that turn out?,"  I nearly choked on my Caribbean chicken.  Of course, his sly smile indicated that he was having a ton of fun making me squirm.  All in all, it was a great trip and well worth the acting.  We will never forget it and have one hilarious scrapbook to boot.  We can't wait until next year's conference!

0 comments: