Fear of Flying

Monday, May 3, 2010

So, why is it that when I have to fly on an airplane and as I am doing so, I play every scary plane movie scene in my mind over and over again on a loop?  I mean, really.  Prior to and during our flight to Hot-lanta yesterday, every movie remotely related to flying in an airplane flashed through my mind.  Luckily, along with the scary ones (think Final Destination, Snakes on a Plane, and Air Force One), I did have a few funny ones:  "I am serious, and don't call me Surely.", "Oh, stewardess.  I speak jive.", and "This?  Well, I could make a hat, or a brooch, or a pterodactyl."  However, laughing out loud when I thought of these probably only served as to make my fellow travelers a bit suspicious.  At least I made it without having to be sedated.  Here's to the return flight home!

0 comments: